Humanoid Space Race Humanoid Space Race

It's a shame that the stomping collision detection doesn't seem to work well; many times I feel that I've stomped correctly on an enemy, but I take damage. If it's not a bug, then it needs to be more forgiving somehow, such as having the player invulnerable to enemy collision while stomping.

There are also a few ways where the game could be more polished, such as having a transition between the end of a wave and the upgrade screen. Otherwise cool game!

decafpanda responds:

Thank you for the play and review. I'll will look into making some sort of invincibility during stomping. I never had any issues with it during testing so I wonder if it was some kind of lag on your browser. Even so it never hurts to give the player a few more I-frames!

Thanks again for your feedback

AsteroidX AsteroidX

Pure awesomesauce. I absolutely love the graphic style, sounds are excellent too. I spent a while trying to beat the high-scores. It's a bit annoying when you want to get a powerup on the side of the screen, the ship goes slow and sometimes I inadvertently click outside the game area. It also becomes a bit repetitive after a while, but for a free online game, I'm not complaining. Well done.

You Have 8 Bricks You Have 8 Bricks

I love this. It's epic, plain awesome, and very well made. Why have I not seen this before? Why is its rating so low? This game deserves better. Well done!

Rarykos responds:

Thanks you so much! :) The rating is low because 1/3 of players don't know what to do when the game starts, that's the price of having no tutorial and hoping people will understand :(

Obsolescence Obsolescence

I was pretty addicted to this when it launched. It has just the right difficulty for me; I never managed to beat it, but almost. Gameplay is great and the graphical effects are awesome, although non-programmers will probably not appreciate them as much.

A Place in Space A Place in Space

Really liked the style. Would like it more if it went outside the one screen, with maze-like design and special items that are needed to go beyond certain areas, like a 2D Zelda game. Still a nice game though.

lokijki responds:

The theme for the compo I made this for was "entire game on one screen," so the current game is limited to that, but a Zelda-style exploration game may be a fun thing to try if I expand on this! :)

Ridiculous Glitching Ridiculous Glitching

Wow, this is freaking amazing. Superb visuals and audio, you really nailed the concept. Hits me right in the feels.

Cyroad Cyroad

Way, way, waaaaay too easy. I stopped playing at score 12000 out of sheer boredom, it seemed that the game would never get difficult. Felt more like a marathon than anything speedy.

While it's ok to start off easy, each "speed up" should increase the speed much more, so that more advanced players don't have to wait 15 minutes for the game to get challenging.

Other than that: great visuals; nice music and audio effects; gameplay could use some more elements (such as moving walls, click to jump over walls, etc.)

Night Rider Turbo Night Rider Turbo

Awesome! Lots of details. This is what I call realistic control handling. And a very strong arm. Too bad I can't rip my left arm off.

Uirdz Uirdz

I rarely play a flash game to the finish (unless it's really short), much less try to get all the achievements. It's been a long time since I've tried this hard to finish a game. I have unlocked everything except for the secret in the "GIMME A BREAK" level. I tried everything I could think of but no luck so far (will try again tomorrow).

But this is a fantastic game you made here, I think the only reason others aren't enjoying it is because of its brutal difficulty. But for me, the difficulty was spot on (and without it the game would probably lose its charm). Hard enough for a challenge, but not frustrating since everything's well done. I loved the humor, level design, art style, music and final boss.

So I hope you don't get discouraged by the negative reviews. It's just that the game is too hard for most players, which doesn't mean that the game is bad. I'm a game dev too by the way :) Keep up the good work!

Rocket Ninja Cyborg Rocket Ninja Cyborg

Addicting!

I really like this game, been playing it for a few days now. I was surprised to see such low review scores!

The rope mechanic felt a bit strange at first but I came to like it. The different gameplay elements give nice variety and feel well balanced. Although simple the game is well polished, with small details like the lava distance and fast camera pan when restarting the level that work very well.

I love the music, especially how it starts, it really gets me energized to try one more time! Graphics are pretty good too. Overall great game, well done!